Things that have shaped me in my corporate career have lead me to becoming an Executive Coach. Here is a little taste of my experiences.
Hello. My name is Katy Kennedy. I work as an International Executive Coach. That means I coach people virtually or face to face and help them with their career personal development.
I love working with large corporations who want to nurture their staff and help them grow. Originally I am from the UK and now live in Dusseldorf, Germany. I speak English and B2 level German.
Things in my Corporate Career that have shaped me as an international executive coach:
- In the UK, I worked for SMEs and large organisations. All the way through I have been coaching and mentoring people to achieve in a new job or support them thinking through what their next role should be.
- Operationally, I used to run a logistics team in a laboratory doing a 1000 samples a day.
- I ran change management projects including introducing a 24 shift system.
- This included changing peoples’ terms and conditions, and supporting them through the change. That is really useful as a coach, I understand how you do large changes. How to support leaders in the organisation deliver the change.
- I was Laboratory Head of Operations for the Environment Agency with 200 people working for me. I was responsible for big projects and programmes nationally. This again helps me coach people who are also going through common Operational issues.
- Working for the Environment Agency, I was a Gold Commander in flood incidents – that’s like being a police chief in an emergency incident.
- I made decisions based on loss to life together with the emergency services. These were a high pressure situations ensuring I made good decisions. That helps in a coaching role, that I can support clients with those big decisions.
- I created and lead the International Women in Business, Düsseldorf Network and was recently asked to give a TEDx talk.
All of these experiences in my corporate career allow me to understand my clients. I can support them in their career aspirations. Help them achieve for their organisations.
If you are interested, please contact me!